Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My daughter's first video game

Well, we got a Wii. I was resistant and apparently could have had one much sooner, but my wife thought I didn't want one. My biggest concern has been that I wouldn't get a PS3. But after a New Year's Eve of Guitar Hero II, my wife actually suggested the Wii. Considering she was actually interested in playing, I said OK to the Wii and away we went. Today a Diego game we ordered for my daughter came and she was into it. It's a little more sophisticated than the Atari 2600 I started out with (Kangaroo was the first game), but she's having fun. It even has an option for someone else to have a helping controller. I still want a PS3 but, this is a step in the right direction and it's fun too.

I've been running better since school started and have upped my basic runs from 3 to 4 miles. Classes started up at the university again today and my running routes are no longer quite so solitary. The Humdinger is about 1.5 months away and I want to finish closer to 60 minutes. The overall goal, though, is to beat my former student again. She wasn't that far behind me last year and has a full season of actual cross country training under her now, so it might be more of a challenge. No walks this year!

Started up volleyball for another session last night and it felt good. I couldn't bump to save my life, but everything else felt really good. I didn't even feel any soreness until about half an hour ago. The core is a wee might weak.

Can't stop without mentioning the Vikings. Sunday's game against Dallas was awesome. They dominated the Cowboys. It was fun to watch. I doubt this game against the Saints will be as lopsided, but if they get enough pressure on Brees, it could be a lot of fun.

No comments: