Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Cyclocross, here I come

I've got my first cyclocross race coming up on Sunday.  Academically, I know what to expect.  I'm prepping my bike as best I can.  I found slightly knobby tires to fit my road frame.  I'm taking off the bottle cage and computer.  But, I really don't know what to expect.  Even seeing pictures of the course, I have no idea how this is going to go.  The one thing I do know is I'm excited and can't wait to give it a try.  My wife keeps repeating one phrase to me, "Don't hurt yourself."  She says this to me a lot.  It means a lot to me that she cares for my well being enough to place that subconscious thought, "...hurt yourself" into my head to strike when I'm least prepared.  Hopefully it won't happen during the fire jump on the course.

Wish me luck.

No comments: