Thursday, January 12, 2012

FedEx is useless



I ordered something online on the 3rd.  It shipped the next day.  It was scheduled for delivery on the 11th.  Today is the 12th and it's still not here.  I checked the tracking again and below is what I found:

Jan 12, 2012 5:04 AM  Arrived at FedEx location  LEWISBERRY, PA
Jan 10, 2012 11:40 PMArrived at FedEx location  FEDEX SMARTPOST ALLENTOWN, PA
Jan 10, 2012 8:38 AM                                                WINFIELD, PA
Jan 10, 2012 6:52 AM  Arrived at FedEx location  MUNCY, PA
Jan 9, 2012 8:49 PM  Arrived at FedEx location  LEWISBERRY, PA
Jan 6, 2012 7:47 PM  Arrived at FedEx location  FEDEX SMARTPOST ALLENTOWN, PA
Jan 4, 2012 8:58 AM  Arrived at FedEx location  FEDEX SMARTPOST GROVE CITY, OH
Jan 4, 2012 2:21 AM  Arrived at FedEx location  GROVE CITY, OH
Jan 3, 2012 3:31 PM  Picked up  COLUMBUS, OH
To make this clear it went from Columbus to Grove City to Allentown, to Lewisberry, to Muncy, to Winfield, back to Allentown, and back to Lewisberry again. 

Once it got to PA it went from point E to F to C to D and then back to E and then F.

I called FedEx to see what was going on.  Once I gave my tracking number the very sorry operator informed me it was a SmartPost package and is being handled by the post office.  She understood that it was confusing that all of the tracking information is through FedEx and all of the packages locations are FedEx locations, but she couldn't help me in any way because FedEx has nothing to do with this package.  To make it worse, to other packages were both in Allentown on January 6, but they made it here already.

It's schedule for Saturday and I need it for Saturday night (I guess I foolishly thought that ordering on the 3rd would be enough time to arrive by the 14th).  

Arg.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This just happened to me- due on 12/18/14, Allentown is 30 minutes away. "Out for delivery" 12/20/14. Arrived in Lewisberry 12/22/14. 2 hrs away. Christmas present for my daughter. Merry Christmas. Nice to see its still going on 2 years later!