Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Dreary Day

There are some days (weeks...months) that just seem to pile it on and make keeping a positive outlook difficult. I wish more people in the community knew what all the kids in schools have to deal with on a daily basis. It breaks my heart to hear about the broken families, abuse, and difficulties that kids face. The best equipped do well, but only because they have some sort of support network in place. Unfortunately, most don't have that support network. I think we've forgotten, as a society, that kids are kids. They are not mini-adults, and should be treated as such or be expected to act as such. Kids need everyone's help. Sometimes, all it takes is a caring ear to listen. Think of it this way. How can I expect homework done on time when my student is wondering where s/he will get to sleep tonight?

No comments: