Saturday, June 21, 2008

The worst yard sale ever

I cannot believe the magnitude of failure we had on our yard sale the past two days. I have never had the quality or quantity of stuff we had, but I'm not sure we even cleared $100. We had couches, a TV, microwave, drywall stilts, complete wine glass sets, and enough baby clothes to provide for 10 babies. My wife even make cool signs. In the end, however, no one bought anything. No one even tried to haggle! Considering the amount of work (we set up nine 8-foot tables) that went into this sale, it was an unqualified failure.

Aside from that, this has been a good month. My brother's been visiting since the 3rd and he's been a big help (while vowing never to have a family himself). My daughter's been taking swimming lessons - actually, they are more like get to know the water lessons. She did go under water yesterday. Granted, it was not intentional, but she did not seemed phased by it. She even said she would do it again at her next lesson. We'll see. I even got some work lined up. I am three students' last chance to pass their grade. I am the summer school teacher. We'll see if I think it's such a great deal after 30 hours with these students. Guess I should rent Summer School to see what I'm in for. All I remember is it involves killer bunnies...

Volleyball has started up as well and I have not been incapacitated with pain and stiffness for the entire week like I was last year. I need to get more active. I really want to get running again, but I'm having a hard time getting my time scheduled to do it. It comes down to laziness, and I need to break that cycle.

No comments: