Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Is it Thanksgiving yet?

You know that it's time for a break when you see a kid climbing the locker wall and decide not to send him to the office because what he did really didn't seem that bad. I kid you not; some of the things I have seen this year rank in my top ten of odd observed behaviors from my entire teaching career. I have seen students eat erasers ("I was bored"), hide under desks (completely open with no sight barriers), try to rip the tops of desks off (lack of medication), and now climb a locker wall. The worst part is, this all came from one student and we're only a few weeks into the second marking period. Odder still, regardless of how crazy this student behaves, I like him.

Thanksgiving break is now two weeks away and I don't think it can come soon enough.

Other random bits. Go Obama! Vikings are tied for the division lead. I think I like tea. Battlestar Galactica rocks! I want more cheese. My computer still runs Windows 98.

No comments: