Thursday, July 28, 2011

So glad I've gotten rid of Windstream

My wife and I had finally had enough of our current telephone and internet provider, Windstream.  A year or two ago, they bought out our local provider.  Up to that point, I actually enjoyed the few talks I had with customer service and always felt that I was treated well by the company.  Windstream bought them out and almost immediately, we started have connection issues with the internet.  Then our phone lines started getting extremely fuzzy.  It got so bad, that we could hardly hear the people we were talking to.  Windstream said they detected no problems with the lines, so it must be inside the house.  It also got to the point that we had to restart the modem at least 3 times a day to get internet access and often even that wouldn't help.  Windstream told me that our connection was fine.

We switched to the cable company for everything.  In order to do the switch, I needed a passcode to port my number.  I called Windstream and got a code.  A day later the cable company said the code was rejected.  I called back and got a completely different number, which this time worked.  I planned on shutting off the Windstream service a few days after the switch so I could get all of my email contacts switched to a new address when all of a sudden, I couldn't access my email anymore.  I couldn't even get to a login screen.  I called today to cancel Windstream and they had already cancelled when the phone number got ported.  I asked why that would cut off my email and got some BS answer.  Luckily I didn't use their webmail and have all of my old emails, otherwise, it would all be lost.

It's sad that a good, well-liked, local company that did it's job well was bought out by what clearly seems to be a large corporation that acts like a child when it doesn't like what you do.  Good riddance to Windstream and I haven't had to restart a modem all week!

No comments: