Friday, August 8, 2008

Battlestar Galactica, Olympics & Favre

I finally talked my wife into watching Battlestar Galactica with me. I started with the catch-up hour for seasons 1 and 2 and we just watched the first four episodes of season 3. The best thing was that she said watching those made her want to see the ones we missed. For a few years now (since the show started), I've been telling her that I think it's the best show on TV (even better than 24). I don't think she agrees with me to that point, but at least I have a BSG buddy now! It's really too bad that the show is going to be ending soon. What should I work on next? For some reason, she is very much opposed to Stargate, so I think I may try Farscape.

The Olympics are starting tonight. I would be extremely excited but for one fact: the NBC website has such a difficult to navigate interface for a TV schedule that some genius must have designed it to be that bad. Trying to find another way to see when the events I'd like to watch would be on, I ran into this blog post that summed the difficulty of the NBC website. Does NBC actually think that by making it hard to pick and choose what to watch that people will just sit and flip through every channel every 5 minutes? It doesn't even seem possible to get a listing of when certain sports will be on. The best I've found (until it got too repetitive to continue) was a lot of listings for multi-sports. Come on NBC. It would not be that difficult to offer for download a simple matrix that lists what each channel will be showing throughout the days!

And I have to address the Favre issue. I am so glad it's over. I was worried that he was going to be a Viking. Granted, he may be better than Jackson will be this year, but either we are going to go forward with Jackson or not. I think that Tarvaris is moving in the right direction and has the pieces in place to do well. The whole team is looking improved from last year and I'm excited to see what's going to happen. It's sad to see a player behave the way that Favre did (I want everything my way. I don't care if I have a contract and already told everyone I was retiring and passed up the chance to come back earlier in the year when I still might have been in shape - not an actual quote.) and it's sad to see a player who gave that much treated the way he was. I wish him all the best with the Jets, but I'm glad he's out of the division and conference.

Anyone want to buy a 2006 Toyota Sienna van? We can't find a buyer and are selling it way below the KBB value. It's in awesome shape and only has 30k miles. Hurry before we just sell it to the dealership so they can mark it up $5000.

No comments: