Monday, December 15, 2008

Food Prep

Ok, this is my first Christmas at home since I got married (over six years ago). My daughter is 3 and actually knows what's going on. This is going to be fun. As the last cooking scion from my grandparent's line, I have decided to take up the mantle of the tortellini. I've made plenty of pasta, even some filled, from scratch before, but never have I attempted the delicate ambrosia that is the tortellino. I have all of my grandma's notes and my mom's as well. I hope it will be enough. No meal has ever equaled the tortellini and I only hope that I can do it justice. I am also continuing, for the first time, the various cookies that were made. I'm making the orange cookies (that originally called for sour milk - was that actually an ingredient?) and russian teacakes (my daughter calls them snowballs). I'm not sure when all of this is happening, but it better start happening soon.

No comments: