Monday, December 8, 2008

Sins against humanity

We are getting a fake tree. I still can't believe it. We are getting a fake tree. It makes me sad, like a little part of me has died. We are getting a fake tree.

Honestly, though, it makes sense. The needles killed our vacuum last year. Our cat who gets blocked (apparently male cats have extremely narrow urethra), needing hundreds of dollars in surgery to get unblocked, eats the needles. The cats enjoy climbing the tree. The dog and cats drink the water. We have an 8 month old who will try to do all three as well.

This year seems more fun than the last though. Our 3-year-old is really into it this year and we are going to be home on Christmas morning for the first time since we got married over six years ago. I am attempting my grandma's tortellini (recipe handed down from Bologna), which my I think my mom only attempted once or twice. Hopefully the weather is decent this weekend so I can hang some lights outside.

Vikings actually have a one game lead in the division race and it looks like one more win may be enough to wrap things up. Didn't see this coming after the first couple games.

No comments: