Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Beowulf

Well, I hated to admit it, but Beowulf was not a very good movie. I had high hopes which slowly got lower and lower as I learned more about the movie. The first blow was the animation style. Animation which is almost realistic is very distracting to me and it bugged me the whole time I watched the movie. Style aside, as I watched the movie, I found it hard to believe how uninteresting the characters were. The last I had heard, Neil Gaiman was attached the movie in some way. If that was true, it did not show through because the characters had very little going for them and the dialog was horrendous. Keep in mind, I watch sci-fi and fantasy with a very generous heart, but I couldn't finish this movie. For all I know, it became awesome after the 1st hour (and I do not mean the introduction of Angelina Jolie), but it sure didn't hint at greatness in the 1st hour. Hopefully, the Martian Child will be better.

No comments: