Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Contractions!

Well, the contractions started on Friday. There were no contractions with baby #1, so this is new territory. I've had my stopwatch out and ready for each announcement of a new contraction (longest time gap so far is 13 hours). Since the last baby was induced, we missed out on the drive to the hospital and all that hullabaloo. Hopefully it will be different this time. I think everything is ready, and I don't want to hear any complaints from my students about having to watch The Elegant Universe. I figure that is more enjoyable than endless worksheets for five days.

Speaking of the students, testing is over! That was a rough week and I didn't even have to take any tests. Now I try not to think about them until the results come out in August. My focus now is reminding the kids that the school year doesn't end until June. At least I have 8th grade and I can say that I am getting them ready for next year.

Word to the wise: Do not take money out of retirement to buy a house. No matter how much people say it makes sense. Tax bracket bump-ups, penalties, and a decrease in deductions make for an unhappy April.

No comments: