Friday, May 23, 2008

Circuit City Update

I understand that Circuit City may not be with us much longer (as far as the rumors go that I've been hearing), but that is no excuse for this camera thing. Although, perhaps, it partly explains the problem. I know that some people really put form before function (I am not one of them, for the most part), but let me summarize the response I got from Circuit City Customer Support when I emailed them with my question concerning the price of the red camera. Basically, the red camera is more popular, so supply and demand puts its price at $100 more than the other colors. I don't care how popular this camera is - a $100 price difference over color is ridiculous. To top it off, there was no indication in the email that they thought there was anything strange with the price difference. Luckily we have an insider at another store that was able to get us a deal - not on a red one. I have to say, this new camera is pretty spiffy. If the clearness of the LCD display is any indication of the picture quality, the pictures are going to be amazing. Already, the flash is so much less harsh and red-eye is much reduced.

Stanley Cup finals start tomorrow. I hope the games are not Versus exclusive. I'd like to see the Red Wings play, not just read about it.

No comments: