Thursday, August 6, 2009

Great Technology and a Broken Shifter

I had a great week of tech workshops at school. I'm pretty excited because my classroom has an interactive white board, I have a new laptop with some administrative rights, and I'm working on a tech heavy, interactive school year. After four days of great tech workshops, I hopped in my manual shift car without power steering and the shifter broke. I'm currently stuck in first gear and anything much over 10 mph gets me close to redlining the tachometer. I managed to drive back to school and, much to my surprise, I have wireless internet access in my classroom. That was a nice surprise considering I don't have an ethernet cable to plug in with.

Hopefully, the tow truck will be here soon (they said half an hour), so I should pack up and wait with the car.

No comments: