Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Ok, Brett, now you have to win!

Silly me, I thought that Favre was a non-issue. I actually thought that it was now down to Jackson and Rosenfels and I was wondering how well we could count on them to hand off and throw a pass once in a while. It seems that Favre is now a Viking. Everything I've seen said it was pending a physical today, but if he was going to fail a physical today, it would have happened anymore. I feel a little sorry for Rosenfels. Jackson has had enough chances to prove himself and we can't spend any more time waiting for him to develop. I remember when Favre was a newish quarterback and I always looked forward to the games we'd play the Packers because the Vikings defense always feasted on his wild throws. Little did I know then that he would develop into one of the best QB's ever. Even then, Favre was exciting. I don't get the same feeling from Jackson and have been giving him the benefit of the doubt these past few seasons. But even with Adrian Peterson consuming the opposing teams' attention, he couldn't manage to make the throws he needed to make. Rosenfels, even though he hasn't been a great QB in the past, made this move with the idea that he would be able to compete for the starting position. But, this is professional football, and you need to be the best at your position on a team to start and if a team can get someone better, you're out of luck. I think the saddest part is that Favre is the best QB we have now, even at 40. We've had how many years since Culpepper imploded to develop some talent? At least we didn't go after Jeff George!

Saying all of that, the Vikings are a better team today than they were yesterday. Show us the wins, Brett.

No comments: