Sunday, June 7, 2009

It's finally over

The hardest year I've had teaching is finally over. The kids left the building at noon on Friday and didn't look back. I'm taking time this summer to revise the way I teach. My classroom is getting a Classrooms For the Future makeover this summer and it's the perfect opportunity to put new life into my courses. I'm getting a Prometheus Board (similar in function to Smart board), projector, and laptop. I'm still holding out hope for a document camera, but we'll see what happens. The laptop also means that I'll have a computer to use at home that runs an OS newer than Windows 98!

Here at home, I'm a little ashamed to say it, but I think we are getting a gas grill. Actually, I'm more than a little ashamed. It's not even grilling. It's really just an upside down gas broiler. But in life, compromises must be made. If I want to continue cooking outdoors, I need to reduce the time commitment that using charcoal requires. Once the kids are older, things may change.

No comments: