Monday, January 5, 2009

1st Day Back

Well, we started back at school today. The Vikings lost last night, so the many Eagles fans thought it their duty to remind me of that constantly. They were not, however, very clever or original. What follows is a rather faithful reproduction of a conversation I had many times today:

Student: How about them Vikings?
Me: They lost
Student: They lost
Me: I know. I just said that.
Student: Yeah, they lost.

Sometimes this continued a few more times.
A more amusing conversation went like this:

Student: How about them Vikings?
Me: They lost. How did the Colts do?
Student: They've won nine in a row.
Me: Yeah, but they lost on Saturday.
Student: They did? At least they are in the playoffs.
Me: So were the Vikings, but they lost and now neither team is in the playoffs anymore.
Student: But they won nine in a row.
Me: Once you lose in the playoffs, you're out.
Student: The playoffs were this weekend? I thought it was the end of the regular season. Well, I didn't see it, so it doesn't count.

8th graders are interesting.

Go Red Wings!

No comments: